Blood Tribe Housing
The Blood Tribe Housing Department is a non - profit department of the Blood Tribe Administration. Our mandate is to administer housing programs and to provide tribal members with healthy affordable homes. We wall achieve these goals by efficiently and effectively utilizing existing resources.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Enforce rental collection.
Ensure that Blood Tribe Housing in compliance within the mandate of Its leadership and housing policies.
Enforce protocol guidelines with housing Authority and Society.
Enforce housing policy and procedures
Work towards a sustainable housing program.
HOME OWNER INFORMATION
Blood Tribe Housing IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for the following:
1. Septic cleaning
2. Cistern Cleaning
3. Furnace and Duct Cleaning
4. Replacement of doorknobs
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Blood Tribe Housing issues work orders for emergencies, such as, No water, No hot water, and No Heat. Some plumbing and electrical hazardous problems in the house.
BLOOD TRIBE HOUSING offers the following services:
1. New House Construction
2. Residential Rehabilitation Assistant Program (RRAP)
- house to be over 25 yrs old
- income of less than $58,000.00 a year
- unit must be occupied
- band portion loan is repayable
- section 95 units not available
- limited annual allocation
3. Water and Sewer
4. Infrastructure Grant
- offered to band members who purchase own home for reserve
5. Off Reserve Grant
- 10% of purchase price of mortgaged to a max. of $20,000.00 for first time buyers
MAINTAIN AND IMPROVE HOUSING PROGRAMS ON RESERVE
PO Box 150 Stand Off, AB T0L 1Y0